What is Logitech Unifying Receiver?
Most of Logitech wireless mice support Unifying Receiver. Assigning a mouse or a keyboard with Unifying USB receiver is controlled by the program called Logitech Unifying Software. Once a input device is assigned to a specific unifying receiver it retains the connecting information even PC is turned off
Unifying USB Receiver is usually comes with high-end Logitech gaming mouse and keyboards, it can be paired up to 6 compatible devices with one single USB receiver. While, a non-Unifying Receiver comes with basic Logitech mouse and keyboards (can be paired with only one device). The basic Logitech mouse can also be paired with a Unifying Receiver if it has the Unifying logo.
So its very important and you need to install compatible Unifying drivers for your PC if you want to pairing multiple Logitech mouse or keyboards with just one receiver. So that means you will be using only one USB port in your PC. It is very helpful feature from Logitech.
Logitech Unifying Software Download
You can find compatible software for Windows 10 and Macintosh OS complete with User Manual here. Just select your PC OS and then download the correct software via links below:
Supported Windows Operating Systems
OS Compability: Windows 10 (32-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit).
Software performance & support for new Logitech devices.
File Name: unifying250.exe
File Size: 4 MB
Last Updated: 30 March 2010
Software Version: v.2.50.25
Supported Macintosh Operating Systems
OS Compability: macOS X 10.15 (Catalina),
macOS X 10.14 (Mojave), macOS X 11.0 (Big Sur).
Software performance improvements & added support for new Logitech devices.
File Name: unifying1.3.375_mac.zip
File Size: 3.8 MB
Last Updated: 07 October 2019
Software Version: v.1.3.375
Supported Chrome Operating Systems
OS Compability: Chrome OS
Software performance improvements & added support for Mice, Keyboard, Webcam and other Logitech devices.
File Name: Unifying Software for Chrome OS
File Size: 990 KB
Last Updated: 19 December 2014
Software Version: v.1.0.1
Compatible Devices List:
How do I Install Logitech Unifying Driver?
The first thing before you’re download the program is you could choose PC operating systems, including Windows, Mac or Chrome OS. Then follow the steps below for installation guides:
- Double-click the downloaded file to open it.
- Or you can right click the file and select [Open].
- Select [Accept] on License Agreement popup.
- Then click [Install] button to continue the installation process.
- If the Logitech Unifying driver is installed on your PC, click [Finish] to close the wizard.
- The program will be opened automatically.
Logitech Unifying USB Pairing Guides
- Plug in a USB Unifying receiver into available USB slots on your PC.
- Open the installed program.
- Click [Next] on Welcome popup.
- Then, turn off and turn on (restart) your Logitech devices.
- If your Logitech device is detected, select [Yes] to confirm that the Logitech device is working well and then click [Next].
- Finally, your Logitech mouse or keyboard is now ready to use.